Last updated : 22 November 2017
KOMODO SOLUTIONS LIMITED ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is KOMODO SOLUTIONS LIMITED of 146 Whyteladyes Lane, Cookham, Berkshire SL6 9LA
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you have already given us as a client of ours including your name, email address and geolocation, even if you are not a registered user.
- The information we collect from you is pertinent to the services available on the applications.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our applications or http://www.komodo-solutions.co.uk or contacting us by email. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our applications.
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your use of our applications including, but not limited to, traffic data, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your devices, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device. They help us to improve our applications and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our sites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our applications.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind a firewall. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Your password information is stored in an encrypted form, and it is not possible to recover the original password from it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our applications; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure our applications are more directly relevant to you and to personalise the content of the applications for you as a user.
- To ensure that content from our applications are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with updates and features that may be of interest to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, to provide you with information about services provided by third parties which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which we have provided to you in the past.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you should adjust your device setting and authorisations. If you are unable to do so, please contact us to inform us that you don't want us to use your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If KOMODO SOLUTIONS LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of KOMODO SOLUTIONS LIMITED, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.